View Single Post
Old May 11, 2012   #38
babice
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by RayR View Post
Copper Octanoate (Copper Soap) fungicides have been available in the U.S. for years, I think all distributed under license from Neudorff. Besides Lilly Miller's Cueva Copper Soap, Bonide Liquid Copper Fungicide, Gardens Alive! Soap Shield, Ortho® elementals™ Garden Disease Control, E.B. Stone™ Copper Soap Concentrate and Concern Copper Soap Fungicide are other examples. There might be more.

None have anything to do with Azoxystrobin
Yep - has nothing to do with the Azoxystrobin this thread's been discussing. But, I just thought it was interesting. And I was kinda hoping that maybe finding the licensees in the U.S. who can manufacture the Cueva would also be licensed to do the same with the Azoxystrobin for Nuedorff but I guess not since they told ami that Syngenta has the lock on that.

Yes, Bonide is one of the other company brands recommended in Neudorff's FAQ section. Their Liquid Copper Fungicide you mention specifically says that it contains Cueva fungicide concentrate by Nuedorff and that they are licensed by Nuedorff to manufacture it.

So, RayR - all of those products have the (supposedly safer) copper octanoate? Do you agree that is safer than any other kind of copper products or is that marketing hype?

Last edited by babice; May 11, 2012 at 11:01 AM. Reason: spelling
babice is offline   Reply With Quote