View Single Post
Old May 11, 2012   #40
RayR
Tomatovillian™

babice, I have used Copper Octanoate fungicide a few years ago to combat serious Septoria outbreaks I was having for a few years previous, Copper Soap works in 2 ways, it is a preventative, when dry on the leaves it sticks to the surface and even rain will take a long time to wear it off. It can also kill an active fungal infection, it was very effective in killing Septoria and Early Blight for me and at least slowed the spread Septoria down considerably. I'll attest to its effectiveness as a way to help defeat a persistent problem like Septoria whose spores can overwinter on plant debris on the soil even in cold climates. I haven't used it in the last couple seasons as I have switched to biological solutions and I haven't any serious reoccurrence of Septoria. So far so good, we'll see what happens this year.

Here's the downside to using Copper, it is an indiscriminate killer, it will kill bacteria as well as fungus, so don't use it if you are using biologicals like Actinovate, Serenade ect...
RayR is offline   Reply With Quote