View Single Post
Old May 21, 2012   #23
PonyMan
Tomatovillian™

Thanks for the comments and the warm welcome you guys!

I am indeed growing the single stem method on all but the last one on the far end. And I honestly have no particular reason why LOL! The pic is about 3 weeks old (the ones I've included today too), I have since pruned the plants. And JFYI this thing is too heavy to roll around with the buckets loaded. I guess I could get some help moving it if I need to do so. And to answer another question, I had a drip irrigation system but ended up changing the drippers to 1/4 inch soaker tube hoses on each plant. It seems to water more evenly? I'm new to the container growing and I have to say I love it. Next year will be better. I'm learning so much here reading the forum threads and such.

I have a small concern. The way I have the buckets set up to drain is I placed 3 small holes about 3 1/2 inches up from the bottom, spaced evenly on the sides. Thinking that there will be some "water" still soaked into the soil at that level and that way will always have some water to draw off of. I fill til they run out the side drain holes. And right now I'm watering almost daily. I have a feeling that I may be over watering this way?? Any ideas?

Thanks again for the welcome guys! Looking forward to learning more and participating in the forum and getting to know ya'll!

Steve
Attached Images
File Type: jpg GardenBench5112012 011.jpg (199.4 KB, 149 views)
File Type: jpg GardenBench5112012 012.jpg (236.6 KB, 151 views)
File Type: jpg GardenBench5112012 016.jpg (153.4 KB, 143 views)
PonyMan is offline   Reply With Quote