Thread: Spider Mites
View Single Post
Old May 25, 2012   #43
checkerkitty
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tracydr View Post
I just ordered some azamax from Amazon. It's an organic IGR. Looking forward to giving it a try.
In the meantime, I'm going to gibpve everything another spray with Adams flea and tick shampoo plus seweed emulsion. Seems to have really helped.
I'll spray the roses, eggplants and tomatillos this time, as well.
I need to go buy myself a better sprayer.
Tracy, would you share your shampoo/seaweed recipe? I made the lovely discovery of spider mites, psyllids (I think), leaf foot bug nymphs and shield bugs in the last couple of days. I picked up some Green Light Citrus Tree spray yesterday that has neem, pyrethrins and a miticide. I'll be hosing down the plants probably this evening. I would like to have as many alternatives as possible dealing with all this. I'm also going to mix up an insecticidal soap batch and finding my garden gloves for the shield bugs. Next year I'll be going about this in a completely different manner. I feel like I'm going . My poor pond fish are really going to be mad at me. I've found a few horn worms and always throw them in for the fish. They are like sharks in a feeding frenzy! I'm not putting anything in the water after this.

Christy
checkerkitty is offline   Reply With Quote