View Single Post
Old July 14, 2012   #8
noinwi
Tomatovillian™

Save$, that is how my container plants look. We live in an apartment and management has lawn service come in 4 times a season. The first time they spray( a 24D mix)and the subsequent times they spread granular which they say is fert, but I think it probably has an herbicide too(like weed&feed).
When they sprayed, I was here, running interference as best I could, keeping the guy several feet away from my stuff. My toms and peppers were still in their 8oz cups, on top of the BBQ. They all got damage from the vapor/drift. The ones I planted in containers still look like yours. The ones I planted in my raised bed, although damaged, have overcome it. 3 black krim and 3 noid slicers, all indeterminates, bushed out as if I had pruned the top growth, but they otherwise look healthy and have toms on. I'll be surprised to get anything decent from the container toms as the soil isn't the best and the containers are not as big as they should be, but at least the in-ground ones will be fine. I hope yours survive and produce.
noinwi is offline   Reply With Quote