View Single Post
Old February 16, 2006   #12
oldbiddy
Tomatovillian™

Craig, I received some seeds from you a coupla years ago for Spectral, Prettier in Purple, and others and I grew them out along with allot of other peppers. That was the year we had a tornado and the wind blew all of the labels off of all of my little pots that had the peppers in them. So I labeled them the best I could and planted them out in the garden anyway. That was the best garden that I have had so far. They grew the most lovely peppers that I have ever seen in my life! I loved Spectral and Prettier in Purple ( at least what I supposed that was them as the labels blew off as explained above). Anyway, I thought that Spectral (if that was what it was?) was the tastiest pepper that I have ever tasted! I had a few seeds left that I am growing out this year to see if that was indeed the pepper that I thought that it was....if that makes sense? I could have gotten it mixed up with some Thai peppers that I got in a trade from someone in Calif. I didn't think that it was that hot.....but the ones that ended up completely purple when ripe....very hot! But I eat Wild Bird's Eye peppers raw so maybe I am not a good enough judge of that. It had a somewhat fruity taste to me....but I ate them (Spectral) in the green with purple blush stage. And, yes, everyone else here thinks that I am crazy for doing
that!
oldbiddy is offline   Reply With Quote