View Single Post
Old July 30, 2012   #83
atlbry
Tomatovillian™

I jsut got a free roll yesterday from the builder. he said are you sure you want a whole roll it is heavy?...lol yes i want to grow more MATERS! I did give myself a slight scratch across my right wrist and when i was moving it across the driveway and dropped it I um well put three deep scratches down the side of her car. Being it is the passenger side and we have two boys I don't think she will put 2N2 together and ask me. sorry ladies. I don't steak mine tie them down etc. when i did my hole for my tomato plant I make it deep and wide, place my plant in and Bary it. Then when it grows more I place my cage around the little plant and bury the plant some more and bury the bottom of the cage making a berm around it. Dirt is on the bottom ring so when the roots start to grow around the bottom ring as the plant gets large it holds it in. the down side to this after a few years they tend to rust and break but you can flip it ever other year and when they get short you stack them on top of each other and use the wire to hold them together. like cans at the store they stack. You could meke your cages like a tepee. just cut the wire like a V or a slice of pizza with a bite taken out of it then you could stack them slide them into each other like the cheap/expensive tomato cages that don't hold a large plant up worth anything... I may try this on my next day off. and use them for pole beans and cucumbers. hmm anything that vines.
atlbry is offline   Reply With Quote