View Single Post
Old August 7, 2012   #57
b54red
Tomatovillian™

Jerry so far there have been no nematodes hitting mine after using this method; but a friend of mine who has more nematodes used the same method and now he is starting to lose a few plants to them. He did not put out very many marigolds like I did though. Despite starting to have problems it sure beats what happened to him last year when all of his plants died when less than 3 ft tall from RKN.

I have been topping off my plants at about 8 ft and am getting sick of okra. I pick every day and give away 2 or 3 gallons of okra a week. My favorite way to eat okra is in gumbo but after making two large 3 gallon pots this summer I am even tiring of that. I am thinking of letting it go to seed early this year so I can get it out of the garden sooner. I hate trying to dig up okra trees and right now I have a very nice forest in one of my beds. Oh by the way the varieties that I prefer are Cowhorn and Becks with Cowhorn being the most productive; but Becks is the best for frying due to its larger diameter.
b54red is offline   Reply With Quote