View Single Post
Old September 26, 2006   #4
Grub
Tomatovillian™

Thanks for your input.

Glenn,
If you read this where do I get Joe E Parker?

Now for the bad news. Those in bold are the only ones that germinated after one month. So this is it. I have included the number of seedlings I have of each in brackets, too.

Still, some good ones in there

HOT PEPPERS
1. Yellow Rocoto

I was told to grow as many C. Pube's/Rocotos as I can, so I will grew the three that germinated (in bold) in this list
2. C. Pube PI 585275 (x3)
3. C.Pube PI 58274 (x3)
4. Rocoto Red
5. Kogsolai
6. Golden Cayenne
7. C.Pube Dwarf Orange Manzana (c/ Chillichick) (x2)
8. Jamaican Hot Chocolate (x1)
These shiny, habanero-type peppers are deep chocolate-brown when ripe and ribbed or wrinkled, resembling large dates or prunes. Fruits are 1-1/2 to 2 inches long and with an extremely hot Caribbean flavor that is strong and smoky. Those in the know say that Jamaican Hot Chocolate makes a great hot sauce. This strain originated from a pepper found in a market in Port Antonio, Jamaica. 85 days.
9. Anaheim (x3)
Also know as the "New Mexican Chile," this moderately pungent fruit is deep green, but turns red at full maturity. Very smooth peppers are 7-1/2 inches long and 2 inches wide and borne on tall, productive plants that offer good foliage cover for the fruit. Tobacco mosaic virus resistant. Excellent for canning, freezing or drying. 75 days.
10. Fish (x1)
Very unusual and ornamental pepper plant is variegated both on the foliage and the peppers themselves. Both leaves and fruit are striped with creamy white and green, with the peppers eventually turning orange-red. Very hot fruit, 1 to 2 in. long, was used to season fish and shellfish in the African-American communities around Baltimore and Philadelphia back in the 1930's and 1940's. Plants are attractive enough just to be used as ornamentals, but peppers are prized for use in cooking. 75 days.
11. Nu Mex Big Jim (x2)
NuMex Big Jim - #9522 (30 seeds) $2.05
The largest of New Mexican varieties, this pepper has pods up to 12 inches long that weigh as much as 4 ounces. Their size makes them a favorite for chiles rellenos. Medium hot pungency. As an advantage, plants are able to set fruit under hot, dry conditions. 80 days.

12. Peruvian Purple (x6)
plants grows to 18–24" and produces 1" x ˝" fruits. Striking, tall plant has purple, foliage and deep purple fruits that turn to red when mature. Produces stubby, upright fruits that are mildly hot. A beautiful ornamental that can be grown indoors as a house plant. Perennial in warmer climates.
13. Safi (x3)
This African Scotch Bonnet type is a real scorcher. Plants carry an abundance of two by three inch dented peppers that are green, eventually turning an appropriate bright red. Off the charts on the hotness meter.
14. Red Fatalli (x2)
This is description for yellow f. Fiery hot, wrinkled yellow peppers are related to habanero, and are at least as hot if not hotter. The searing heat has an excellent, citrus-like flavor that can be appreciated in the seconds before the heat sets in. Originally from Africa, these plants become 3 to 4 feet tall, maturing abundant crops of fruit earlier than plants of habanero. Peppers are 2 to 3 inches long with a wide top that tapers down to a point, and are shriveled all over. 80 days.
15. Variegata (varied foliage looks good) (x3)
16. Hawaiian
17. Waialua

SWEET PEPPERS
1. Golden Marcono
2. Cornodi Toro Red
3. Ariane (bell)
4. Jimmy Nardello
5. Sweet Red Marconi
6. Sweet Chocoloate (bell)
7. Chinese Giant (bell)
8. Bull Nose
9. Sweet Lipstick
10. Purple Beauty (bell)
11. Chervena Chuska (x4)
The best performing pepper during the record-setting cold and wet summer of 2004 at Heritage Farm. Bulgarian heirloom, traditionally used for roasting but also a great sweet pepper. Flesh is bright-red and very sweet, almost candy-like. Tapered fruits that are 2" at the shoulder by 6" long, ripens from green to brown to bright red. 85 days from transplant. Heat Scale: Sweet...0-1-2-3-4-5...Hot.
12. Pimento Red Ruffled (x4)
sweet; Cheese/Tomato-Shaped Type; 1.5 to 2 inches long by 3 to 3.5 inches wide; very thick flesh; matures from green to red; pendant pods; green leaves; 18 to 24 inches tall; Mid Season; Uses: Pimento, Small Stuffing; fruits have scalloped edges; C.annuum.
13. Red Cheese (x2)
80 days. Candy-sweet, round, flat, 3", pimento-type peppers that have thick, red flesh, great for stuffing or fresh eating. So good, they are almost addictive. Very productive plants. Once used to color cheese.

Ends.
Grub is offline   Reply With Quote