View Single Post
Old September 18, 2012   #22
ginger2778
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by kurt View Post
I have derived the info you gave me from the(and read) certusa product.Now a Nofly,mixing two products and strains.Please do not want to make a case study.Just made the point that it is not RECOMENDED for our water laden geography here in Florida,that is all. http://nfrec.ifas.ufl.edu/MizellRF/W...g/register.htm
I just clicked on the last link from Kurt and it does say PFR-97 (The product put out with this fungus in it) has a low incidence of mortality to beneficials, which is good, and is effective on whiteflies as well as thrips, spidermites, etc.
It was discovered in Florida by U of F.
I researched all the links above from both Kurt and DKelly, and I cannot locate where it says it is detrimental to our water table, although one of the links does mention it in a table with alot of pesticides, and has a warning about the watertable at the bottom, but it refers to being careful to evaluate a given pesticide for effect on the watertable, doesn't say this fungus can be bad in particular.
Kurt, can you please tell us where the info is on this fungus being harmful for our area and water supply?

I am intrigued to say the least! I do not want to harm our watertable , so I will try to find out specifically. I think, if all is OK after all with this fungus, I would LOVE to get some!!!
-Marsha
ginger2778 is offline   Reply With Quote