View Single Post
Old December 10, 2012   #52
z_willus_d
Tomatovillian™

Hi Ray, yeah I know Daconil is the gold standard, but these being indoor plants with close quarters (nearby closet doors, bedroom walls and baby playing), I've tried to avoid all but the most organic countermeasures. My sprayer (Solo) while being really great at what it does also tends to push out quite an energetic stream when engaged. If I can find a sprayer that doesn't break on me after a couple squeezes, I'll probably give it a try in a very controlled manner.

Hi Marla, the un-grafted varieties have the benefit of getting direct southern exposure sunlight (on the sunny days) but the impairment of having to overnight in the garage where temperatures get far cooler and there are more bugs, etc. They don't seem to have exhibited any fungal issues yet, but they remain much smaller, stockier and with reduced sized leaves. They're about a fifth of the plant of their grafted indoor peers, and no tomatoes as of yet (the blooms just drop before spreading open). I don't know how much of this to attribute to the grafting vs. the more ideal indoor conditions. I'm hoping to get some harvest from both set.

I'll let you all know when/if I do.

Thanks,
Naysen
z_willus_d is offline   Reply With Quote