View Single Post
Old December 15, 2012   #57
aclum
Tomatovillian™

Thanks for posting all of this Naysen - very interesting to me as I'm planning on doing some grafting myself this season (for the first time). I'm doing a trial run now with surplus seeds just to see if I can get a good graft through the healing and hardening stage. I'm in the process of setting up my healing chamber now and I can't seen to get the humity above 80%.

I've sprayed everything down with water, have an open pan of water and a 8 oz dixie cup full of damp soil in my covered plastic bin with the interior kept at 80 degrees. I just jury-rigged a "fogger" into the box using a nebulizer (used by respiratory patients to inhale medications) with the water mist output directed through a flexi-straw through a small hole drilled into the side of the box. So far, I haven't been able to get past 80%......

I was wondering if you actually measured the humidity in your chamber with some sort of guage and, if so, did you actually get it into the 85-95% range? If you did, what's your technique?

Thanks!
Anne
aclum is offline   Reply With Quote