View Single Post
Old January 4, 2013   #32
Redbaron
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by bower View Post
I received around 16 seeds of Black Pepper in Heather's seed swap, which are labelled Baker Creek 2012.
I have a lot of new varieties to try and unless I can build a hoophouse or two, not enough space to grow them all in one year. So I'm not sure if I'll be growing this one in 2013, unless I gamble on a couple of plants outdoors.
I would be happy to send a half dozen seeds to Marina, for a side-by-side comparison with the 'Snickers' 'Cuban' 'Icicle' or similar 'Black Pepper' like tomatoes if you want to do it.
I would like to hear from anyone who has grown it, whether the Baker Creek 'Black Pepper' was early or late, tolerant of/resistant to cold or heat or disease, productive, tasty.
Marina was kind enough to send me Snickers in trade for Rutgers. I am trying for a side by side myself. I haven't gotten my Black Pepper in the mail from WillysWoodPile yet though. Starting to worry. It's been a week. But I guess the holiday mail is slow.

Cuban and icicle I don't have and have no idea where to find.

AKA The Redbaron

"Permaculture is a philosophy of working with, rather than against nature; of protracted & thoughtful observation rather than protracted & thoughtless labour; & of looking at plants & animals in all their functions, rather than treating any area as a single-product system."
Bill Mollison
co-founder of permaculture
Redbaron is offline   Reply With Quote