View Single Post
Old January 14, 2013   #18
NisiNJ
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by SEAMSFASTER View Post
I settled on Greenhouse Megastore, under the section of Plant Labels. I use primarily 4-1/2" X 1" because they fit in the pots I use.
I use these too, and stocked up on several rolls to last a few years. I use the black Sharpie marker (color marker fades even more quickly) or a paint pen as stated above (which doesn't fade at all)

But there is one other method that worked for me last year, especially since a lot of my plants are heirlooms that do not have preprinted tags available for them:

I typed up a colorful info sheet, including a picture of the final fruit that could be cut into about 3" x 5" sections--each section describing one variety. Then I ran them through a heat laminator. (Laminator pouches come in 3x5 sizes). The resulting little 3 x 5 waterproof "signs" were displayed in front of each row of pots. The signs would be reusable each year, and I had to make only one of each. I also think it helped get the attention of customers because the print and picture were bigger than what would be on the tags. The only downside was that the buyer couldn't take it home with them.

I have a picture; wish I knew how to post it here. If someone is interested and would kindly tell me how, I will post it.
NisiNJ is offline   Reply With Quote