View Single Post
Old March 3, 2013   #109
z_willus_d
Tomatovillian™

Annie, I had written up a decent response, but it was sent to the null void by this website and my lousy laptop hotkeys. In short, I'd prefer to use a more biodegradable mulch (assuming no weeds or pesticides), but I live with what I have access to here. I like that the wood bark doesn't require repurchasing every season. It's kind of a pain to deal with at the start of each season, but no more so than reacquiring another load of mulch I suppose.

Good luck with the season. (I'm a bit down at the moment, as my one-and-a-half year old son just ripped in half the 3rd healthy (healthiest in fact) tomato graft I've managed to muster in over fifty lost causes. Just waltzed over to the closet where I had them setting under lights and struck it down with the hand of Zeus. It was a beautiful looking Van Wert, and what gets me is it snapped in half not on the graft union (no that was too strong and well made), but rather lower down on the would-be vigorous Maxifort rootstock stem. Oh well, the sacrifices we must make with our "babies" for our children.
-naysen
z_willus_d is offline   Reply With Quote