View Single Post
Old March 14, 2013   #4
Redbaron
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeroma View Post
Thanks Redbaron. Mostly I wanted the "free texture" thing going on. I don't have any grass to cut, but do have one neighboor who does't use chemicals in her lawn that I've beenable to pick up on mowing days. That rocky, clay, ivy hill will surrender! After all it didn't always have ivy on it. The previous owner who built the house had to put that dirt pile there in the first place (when the basement was dug out) and she planted each piece of ivy one at a time...oh my. Lions and tigers and bears and ivy.
At least you have the normal sort of Ivy. I have an evil spawn of the devil poison ivy that is in the fence line between me and the military base. Because I can't get to the other military base side of the fence, I can never quite get it all.

So I basically use it as a semi shaded spot and trim as much as I can from this side. And then pay the penalty of poison ivy later.

AKA The Redbaron

"Permaculture is a philosophy of working with, rather than against nature; of protracted & thoughtful observation rather than protracted & thoughtless labour; & of looking at plants & animals in all their functions, rather than treating any area as a single-product system."
Bill Mollison
co-founder of permaculture
Redbaron is offline   Reply With Quote