View Single Post
Old March 16, 2013   #92
sicily
Tomatovillian™

PaddyMc,

Kudos to you. I just found this post and find it a bit caustic to say the least. You expressed exactly how I feel in a very eloquent way. I'm very happy to experiment with some of these crosses and feel very lucky and happy to do so. Bill Jeffers and Tom Wagner are my tomato heros. Big Cheef is my favorite tomato via Bill and Tom's creations never cease to amaze. I have the utmost respect for them both, and hope their creations will always be in my garden. I'm a gardener not a geneticist. I do enjoy tomatoes that are delicious, productive, disease resistant, and are exciting to look at. They produce tomatoes that do that for me, I'm very grateful. I've never met them but have conversed with them both and believe they are honest in how they represent their offerings. After growing Big Cheef, via SSE, I contacted Bill to see if he had any other tomatoes, it was the most delicious tomato I had ever tried. I certainly hope they both keep doing their research into giving us exceptional tomatoes, I hope I can be a part of it.
sicily is offline   Reply With Quote