View Single Post
Old April 8, 2013   #6
lakelady
Tomatovillian™

John, can you even buy 10-10-10 in NJ? We have such strict laws now on fertilizers from all the runoff into the lakes and waterways. I think I did look for it 2 years ago before I was amending the soil and believe (could be wrong) that you actually can't get it in any quanitity due to the change in laws which happened in 2010 or 2011. I'll have to look, but I believe it was on the EPA website or something, I had printed it out and gave it out at one of our meetings here. All these "lawn" people just sprinkle lawn fertilizer liberally right at the end of their property which ends up in the lake (ugh). And then as residents, we pay a lake management company to treat the lake and try and undo all the damage. Yup, I thought I had them kind of scared about the potential fines until the idjit on the board said "well who's really gonna police that anyway?". oh well. fools they are.

Anyhow,I digress and I believe here you can only get very small amounts of fertilizer in with any high amounts of phosphorous. Like one of those MG type tomato fertilizers or something.

New York doesn't have it either from what I remember, they too have stricter controls now.