View Single Post
Old April 14, 2013   #31
lakelady
Tomatovillian™

Well I guess I spoke too soon . I had them outdoors all day yesterday and today and now the 1st true leaves are up! Boy that took forever, I didn't think they would get there !

Thanks for letting me know you put yours outside now. Somehow I always think of them as tender annuals and thought it was too cold for them. I did put them in the house last night, and cold frame tonight. Temps should be warmer starting tomorrow, so I think I'll try leaving them outside. I gave them a very weak solution of seaweed today.

I had so many I seeded and now I'm not sure what's growing and what isn't. I think I had better results with the non-pelleted seed to be honest. I'm not really that informed on the different varieties, I usually just buy what colors I like and mix them into hanging baskets, and planters on my deck. Now I 'll be paying more attention!

Is it possible to let a few go dormant and put them into the basement for winter? Can they go dormant? I remember years ago my mother in law used to do that with her geraniums and would take them back out in Spring.