View Single Post
Old May 31, 2013   #108
Master_Gardener
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by emcd124 View Post
I hate to sound like such a dunce, but how do you get the cattle panel home? I drove out to Tractor Supply to look at some cattle panel for garden structures, but the stuff is HUGE! Even if we had a pickup (we can borrow one) I couldnt get it home, let alone in my Toyota. Do you bring some bolt cutters with you to the store and cut it to size right then and there?
Yup. They come in 16 foot long sections. I told the guy at my local Tractor Supply that when I was ready to buy, I would come with a hacksaw to cut up the cow panel. He said I have a faster method, bolt cutters. I agreed. He offered to do the cutting for me.

Cow panels are fairly rigid. You won't be rolling them up so you will need to cut them prior to loading them on a truck. For my application as a trellis, four 4 foot lengths would be about right and easiest to get them home.

Either cow panels or the concrete mesh will take some effort wrangling them home. There are advantages to each so spend time in advance deciding which will work best for you.

I had a problem with slugs. I tried using beer but it didn't work, until I gave it to the slugs.
Master_Gardener is offline   Reply With Quote