Thread: Winter Reading
View Single Post
Old June 1, 2013   #68
ChrisK
Tomatovillian™

I've decided to stay out of those discussions and will continue to do so for various reasons. Too much hysteria and conspiracy theories with dis/mis-information, often by our most prodigious posters who quote and link to less than reliable sources (I'm being generous). I find the continual argumentum ad monsantium and Gish Gallops to be tiresome, trite and unproductive.

I am always happy to talk about the science of plants and agriculture with those that want to discuss, incl. explanations of any of the papers posted here. My interest is in good science not anecdote and poor "studies" by check-out line magazines.

Now, back on track. I will continue to post as I find interesting publications, glad you are finding them valuable and thought provoking!

Best.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddsack View Post
Chris, keep posting as you find links, this is a valuable thread for research. Don't want to derail this thread, as the discussion is already elsewhere in the 2 cents -

Ignorance more frequently begets knowledge: it is those who know little, and not those who know much, who so positively assert that this or that problem will never be solved by science. --Charles Darwin
ChrisK is offline   Reply With Quote