View Single Post
Old June 6, 2013   #53
SIP Gro-Tubs
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redbaron View Post
Believe it or not the area is still too wet to get into much. Just one storm after another. Rained again last night!

Standing water never hurt a dedicated grower or farmer.

So very little has changed. I still have standing water! In that 2-3 weeks I have gotten in the garden to work only a couple hours.

See, that just gives you more reasons to document your project. Standing water around the plants shows that those type of natural disasters, are overcomed.

But according to the weatherman several days of sun coming finally! Maybe even a full week of sun! WooHoo!

Local weaterman are a dime a dozen, they couldn't predict the weather if thier lives depended on it. It's just like those on-line Dopplers, I, know exactly were I, live according to thier map. The main highway is less than 15 miles long from county line to county line, I'm at the 5 mile mark.

The other day, the doppler shows a Red storm cell engulfing the whole 15 x 30 mile area over our heads, that means a lot of rain. I, look out the window and the sun's shining, and only got a trace of rain.

So I will try and take some pics this weekend. Don't expect much though. The plants have been through continuous stress and pounding all spring. At least most of them are still alive!

I, would take some pictures to document everything.

Terry

SIP Gro-Tubs is offline   Reply With Quote