View Single Post
Old June 26, 2013   #210
ginger2778
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by b54red View Post
Thanks for the link. If the whiteflies get bad I may give them a try. That price is much more reasonable than what I have seen before.

I have been really lucky this year so far with pests. Other than a few pickle worms and whatever those leaf eating things are that get on the tomatoes sometimes. I just dusted a few of the lower leaves with Sevin and got rid of them easily. For some reason BT doesn't slow them down fast enough. I had one good swarm of thrips early in the season and really haven't seen any since but I guess a few came in because of the two recent cases of TSWV. I'm hoping the Assassin bugs will hang around. I wonder if they eat spider mites.

Bill
You are welcome for the link Bill.
You know what I really want in a beneficial is just one kind of bug that eats every kind of bad insect there is, with a voracious appetite, but will go into dormancy and remain in my garden when the food is used up until the next baddie comes around.
Anybody who could GMO that would be a multi millionaire for sure. LOL
I am thinking your bleach spray comes close to being a possible panacea for all the micro-baddies!
Marsha
ginger2778 is offline   Reply With Quote