View Single Post
Old July 20, 2013   #16
Tom Wagner
Crosstalk™ Forum Moderator

Wow! I don't think I have posted on COMMON GARDEN DISEASES AND PESTS before. I stick to my moderator duties on POTATOES and CROSSTALK, and a bit on the GENERAL DISCUSSION.

I was re-directed to this topic since Jennifer had some interest about my variety called MAGIC TRICK. Then I see my varieties SKYKOMISH, and what I think is my variety; EARLY SUE.

I had hoped someone would either come my personal forum..tatermater where I talk about my breeding work with tomatoes and potatoes and invite others to make comments or deliver questions. My interest is how my varieties fare compared to Defiant and Iron Lady. I am afraid those varieties may not be adequate since the resistance is only from one parent. My bedeviled work for the last five years indicates that I must have complete homozygous tomatoes with PH-2 and PH-3 doubled up, as the heterozygous lines fail way too early against the LB I have here where I live.

My request is to ask if I can get some F-2 seed of Defiant and Iron Lady along with a seed or two of Magic Trick and Earlly Sue as reference. But only if you have some pressure from LB.

My apologies for not visiting this sub forum....way too many rooms to visit in the tomatoville family.

Tom Wagner
Tom Wagner is offline   Reply With Quote