View Single Post
Old July 23, 2013   #40
b54red
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keger View Post
Miraclegro myfriend, miraclegro.....

I am run over with peppers every year, lots of them, and that is all I use, about once a month. And a lot of water.
Usually by this time of the year I am giving away most of my peppers because I have so many but this year has been very unusual. I agree that MG is great for bell peppers and have used it and Urban Farms on mine and neither has been nearly as effective this year. My problem is the soil where I planted most of my peppers this year is too alkaline and the fact that we have been averaging about 5 or 6 inches of rain a week for months now. Every time I fertilize the rain follows up and leaches most of it out. It has been difficult getting enough fertilizer to all of my plants in this rain. My plants need fertilizer again right now but it has rained over an inch a day for the past four days and has already rained twice today. I followed up my last two doses of fertilizer with the vinegar solution and the results were eye opening. I was beginning to think only my Jalapenos and Pappadews were going to make many peppers this year until I used the vinegar and it increased the blossoming and fruit set on all the peppers despite the continuing rainfall.

Bill
b54red is offline   Reply With Quote