View Single Post
Old August 10, 2013   #45
Alfredo
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by efisakov View Post
Hi, Alfredo,
how is your Pruden's Purple production and taste? Is it worth growing?
Hello Ella,

Pruden's Purple has always produced very well for me, I've grown it several times and in different gardens in NJ. It does become a monster of a plant in size (I've easily grown it to 8-9ft each time, gets a little tricky to give those support using my wannabe "homemade bamboo extensions").
But I love the challenge of growing the various heirloom indeterminate tomato plants that big.

More foliage=more flavor in my opinion. And well, it just looks so lush having a tomato plant that big (I have 2 Pruden's Purple plants this season, both are getting to the 8ft high mark soon).

I would highly recommend growing Pruden's Purple at least once. It's been my favorite tasting/producing tomato variety for the past 10 years.

If it's as productive for you as it has been for me I think you'll be pleased with it. It definitely has a taste profile comparable to the Red Brandywine (Landis Valley) which I just tried for the first time this season.

If you do give it a try, I hope you like it as much as I do.

~Alfredo

Last edited by Alfredo; August 10, 2013 at 10:06 AM. Reason: grammar. I'm a stickler for proper grammar apparently.
Alfredo is offline   Reply With Quote