View Single Post
Old August 27, 2013   #1
GREYBUDGIE
Tomatovillian™

Default Over Watering Tomato Plants

Could anyone please show me pictures or describe the effects of over watering tomato plants? I think it is occurring to two of my plants but the symptoms of both are different. I would love to see pictures of what it looks like to be sure. I have searched the forum but could not locate an existing topic for it.

One plant is yellowing from the bottom up with small brown patches on the edges of the leaves. I removed the saucer under the pot, stopped giving it any water at all and I think the leaves are returning green. So I am guessing overwatering. The other plant has rather small sized 'slim' leaves and the edges curl in slightly with all the leaf stems pointing 'up' severely. This is a Tigerella and I haven't grown this variety before - do they have narrowish leaves compared to others?

The plants are maybe 1.5 feet tall and only just flowering. I am is QLD Aus so still winter here, days are 26C and nights about 10C. Pots are 50-60L with good quality potting mix 'designed for tomato's' according to bags.......lol.

Thank you for any advice
GREYBUDGIE is offline   Reply With Quote