View Single Post
Old October 6, 2013   #56
MrBig46
Tomatovillian™

That is not the bummer. I love this time after tomato season. I plan next season and I fantasize about that, what beautifull and flavourfull tomatoes I shall grow in the next year.
I attempt to strike a balance of my season 2013.
I growed these varieties of beefsteak? tomatoes (according to my flavour): Beefmaster VFN F1, Ananas, Cuor di Bue, Cherokee Purple, Brandywine Black, Black Trufle, Kosmonaut Volkov, Beefsteak, Orange Strawberry. Brandywine Red-RL (I had the problems with TSWV) and Delicious (wrong seeds-tomatoes only about 100 g). The other problems: Beefmaster VFN, Ananas and Cherokee Purple-catface; Brandywine Black (cracking during of all season- but it was only defect of design);Kosmonaut Volkov (cracking- after the rain I had to banish 80% these tomatoes);Orange Strawberry beautiful tomato the heart form (about 400-500 g)-I have this ones else now.
Pasta Tomatoes: Best Costoluto Genovese, Costoluto Fiorentino absolutely warped by catface???.All indeterminante tomatoes type San Marzano (SM3, SM Gigante, Scatolone) disillusion- a little harvest, lateness. From determinante best Napoli. The use of tomato pasta is not usual in traditional czech cuisine (only two foods). I have sauce on two years in the cave- I shal grow only Costoluto Genovese and Napoli next year.
Cherry tomatoes: Tomato cherries have themselves charm for me only when I am eating them only in the garden. I had ten varieties. All varieties was favour for me, but I shall cut down number of plants next season.
Season 2013- abnormal weather in Czech republic- first the spate than two month dry and record temperatures 42 °C and again rain. All czech varieties (which I planted) cracked on the end of season. Start F1, Stupické polní rané, Stupické skleníkové, Pollicino F1.
A discontent with determinant tomatoes Marmande, RAF, Pavlína- acidic flavour
A complacence with Principe Borghese and Ramallet.
Vladimír

Last edited by MrBig46; October 6, 2013 at 02:50 AM.
MrBig46 is offline   Reply With Quote