Thread: Dehydrating
View Single Post
Old October 11, 2013   #200
Got Worms?
Tomatovillian™

Went shopping for a dehydrator and came back with everything but.
I've learned a lot about them, both here and through reviews, pricing, and manufacturer's websites. There are many thing to consider. One thing I know for sure is I can't be trusted to go to the store! I went looking for a dehydrator and came back with a deep fryer, amongst other things.

There's many good things about each make and model, but I've got a really good idea of the features that I want: no less than a 600w heating element, large fan (6-7 inches), no center hole/post, and must have full enclosure (I want to use it for bread dough and yogurt), I don't care about a timer, I can add one. I don't even care about a thermostat, I have a PID, which is an even better temp controller.

But, as far as size goes, I need something like the Tardis huge inside, small outside.
Around $200. or less would be a nice price, as I'll probably hack it before I even start to use it.
I'm thinking one of the cheaper 9 tray Excalibur models, but it needs to have a front cover. I don't want to have to make one. I was looking at the 9 tray economy? model, before I got the virus...Oh yeah. I got a virus on my other machine. Don't you just love those friendly neighborhood black hat Programers. They're so much fun.

Well anyway, I can now deep fry some greenies while I'm still looking for my dehydrator.
Got Worms? is offline   Reply With Quote