View Single Post
Old December 22, 2013   #10
tjg911
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by pondgardener View Post

thanks for the heads up. no i never saw that thread or i would have tempered what i said. i suppose i think we are all on the same level but clearly that is not so. sorry for being a dick.

to the op, trinidad scorpions are extremely hot peppers. please be very careful handling them, cutting them and especially eating them. wear gloves and eye protection, juices on your fingers will remain hot for days. soap and water does not wash off capsicum the chemical that contains the heat or in this case fire. eating a TS raw can cause respiratory problems (as another mentioned i forgot that when i posted) and even cooking them can do that as well. the ONLY thing that will mitigate the burning in your mouth is diary products like sour cream, yogurt, milk be sure to have something near by if you eat peppers that you are unfamiliar with! seriously peppers in the SHU range of TS and similar peppers are extremely hot and actually dangerous. unless you have experience eating hot peppers that are at least in the 100,000 to 500,000 SHU range i suggest you avoid peppers that are called super hots which is where the TS is.
And he’s gotta be fast
And he’s gotta be fresh from the fight
I need a hero
I’m holding out for a hero ‘til the morning light
He’s gotta be sure
And it’s gotta be soon
And he’s gotta be larger than life
tjg911 is offline   Reply With Quote