View Single Post
Old February 23, 2014   #6
bower
Tomatovillian™

Well... I had to start something on Feb 2, if only because the mustard greens froze in the greenhouse and nothing left to scavenge but leeks. (Amazingly, the leeks have been standing tall in a frozen solid tub of soil... zone pushers, take note of this fine vegetable!).
So... I am already eating microgreens, of seed from the 'promiscuously pollinated' kale in my garden..
My White Lisbon onions are close to 4" tall, spaced fairly close in a tub that will go to the greenhouse when it warms up.
A dozen Genovese basils have survived to the true leaves and are ready to pot up.
Also ready to pot, cilantro, parsely, and chinese leaf celery.
Dill is already potted, and some bok choy and pak choy "Ching Chiang". They are with the onions under lights in the cold window.
I have a pair of Pencil Pod Black Wax bush beans to go into a larger pot in a window, now about 6" tall. Also one surviving Passandra cucumber (all female type hybrid) is being coddled along for a window spot when it's not so freezing.
108 pepper seedlings are in cell pack in a cupboard under the lights... none have true leaves yet..
Utah Celery... OMG I've never grown celery before, they are mass planted in a small former mushroom container and there must be over a hundred.
Last but not least, I confess I have three early tomato plants, just in the first true leaves. Jagodka is determinate and Red Dwarf is a dwarf... both are cold tolerant they say, so if they become troublesome indoors I will huck em and see how they fend.
I hear the ol Vortex is planning to take another swipe into early March. Enuf already.
bower is offline   Reply With Quote