View Single Post
Old March 5, 2014   #58
bower
Tomatovillian™

Cheers, Parah. I have the same problem with pairing plants in a container, the more compact plant definitely gets the short end. I'll have to find a good partner for Tarasenko 6.

I expect the Rozoviy-Kuffa F1 to be a big jungle vine like the mother, as the indeterminate trait is dominant. In the F2 generation, 1/4 plants will be dwarf, so easy to select at the seedling stage. The F1 fruit will be red, and probably round not pointed, and maybe intermediate in size or closer to the smaller fruit. Al Kuffa is not a cherry per se, although small: it has three locule fruit, rather a nice shape, in clusters of six... I'm not sure about all the fruit trait dominance and inheritance, but I believe 1/4 of the selected F2 dwarfs should have pointed fruit like RFH and 1/4 of those would be large fruit.... 1/4 is the usual ratio for simple non-dominant traits. As for disease resistance, that is more complex. Save lots of seed from the F1, they say.

But first of all, survive the 100 degree temps and monsoons and set some fruit! Best of luck, I look forward to hear what happens.
bower is offline   Reply With Quote