View Single Post
Old March 28, 2014   #1
SmittenGarden
Tomatovillian™

Default New zucchini seedling is looking sick and I don't know why...

About a week or so we planted a new zucchini seedling in our city pickers container.. We totally replaced the potting mix and bought a new mulch cover. My husband washed/rinsed out the container before we replanted. And this time learning from last years mistakes we only put one plant in (powdery mildew hit us hard last year. And it was our first time growing any veggies.)

This plant had been growing really well for a few days in our kitchen window before we planted, even grew some flower buds... And initially it looked like it loved the box. But now it's got wilting leaves and aside from what might he holes from something eating it on one leaf I cannot see why...I see no powdery mildew like last year. I'm confused not all leaves that are wilting look eaten either.

We did as we did last time which was fill box up till 2inches below top. Thin later of dolomite, dug two, two inch deep trenches either side of where the pant was to be placed and buried fertilizer in the trenches. I don't think my husband disturbed the fertilizer?

There are pictures of the plant...I'm hoping someone more experienced might be able to help me recognize what the problem is?
I don't know how to add pictures to the thread...how do you do that?
SmittenGarden is offline   Reply With Quote