Thread: Foliar feeding
View Single Post
Old April 8, 2014   #24
heirloomtomaguy
Tomatovillian™

Compost tea not only contains all of the soluble nutrients extracted from the compost but also contains all the species of beneficial micro-organisms present in the compost one uses. The beneficial micro-organisms of compost tea improves the foliar uptake by increasing the time that the pores of the plant stay open while reducing evaporative loss from the leaf surface. The result is a stronger healthier plant. I have also noticed a reduction in diseases and pests. Over time soluble nutrients add unwanted salts to your soil decreasing beneficial micro-organisms. As an organic gardener i try to be proactive in building healthy alive soil in hopes of not having to be as reactive in pouring on the soluble nutrients. I'm not saying they don't have an important place in gardening they just don't have a place in my garden. I have been experimenting with the use and non use of compost tea for a while. I do have examples and will post some pictures of both when i get home from vacation on thursday or friday.
heirloomtomaguy is offline   Reply With Quote