View Single Post
Old April 24, 2014   #239
epsilon
Tomatovillian™

Fred

Congratulations on the good news of getting contacted by the show you're headed for an amazing opportunity to show everyone how valuable your Land Race varietals are.

As far as the kick starter project I noticed a few thing that you did very right
and a few things that you could stand to make adjustments to.

I think above all the other little things that I noticed, I wonder if you networked enough and also have allowed for higher tiered investor/donators.

There might be a low appreciation for squash in one area but in another it can be a very worth while food staple. Especially types of produce that have potential to display several unique qualities within it's own variety as well as provide a spectrum of continually evolving textures and flavors from season to season . I think your squash is more suitable to more a dynamic locavore food cultures. The bay area is good but the tourist volume dictates a necessity for uniform quality.

There are places like Detroit where the economy crashed hard which caused them to shift to a CGA model for subsistence, The large community garden in Detroit would be an optimal place for your super adaptable land race varieties.

Along those line are also Portland and Seattle, though they aren't producing food because their economy fell through, they are very aware of the importance of production of locally grown produce. I know that in Seattle that there is a community forward garden where no one has to pay a cent but the food produced is easily acc

Also I think that there might be potential with small farmers in Kansas seeing as that they're having something of a local grown renaissance, also their chefs are less concerned with uniformity for tourism and more interested in producing food at a locally reasonable cost as well as encouraging interest in new ting in general

I think what I'm getting at is that it seems like your primary investors would be people and groups who are more concerned with the potential to have more final product. And less instantaneously well known gourmet items.

I think to nutshell What I'm saying is that I'm curious as to the extent of your canvasing and to whom you were actually presenting to.

Also I noticed that as far as your backing incentives, first wow. your thank you gifts vs backing tier ratio has a really high rate of return comparatively to other KS entrepreneurs.

But your top donation tier is set really low. So if there was anyone who were interested in making a large donation are out of luck because your highest tier was 50$ and it's inconvenient to have to make multiple donations.

Also the longer a person has to think about donating or spending X amount of $, the less they are likely to carry through with the donation/purchase. So having the option to drop one, two or even five hundred dollars Is actually a good idea to keep the bigger investors/donators from rationalizing an expenditure.

I feel like I'm being really long winded here so I'm going to cut this off for now, and if this is in anyway interesting or discussion worthy, we can always establish more of a dialogue and less of me typing a marketing analysis

Gaston
epsilon is offline   Reply With Quote