View Single Post
Old April 29, 2014   #34
JamesL
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by luigiwu View Post
Bower, I totally get what you mean about the heat being worst! which is why today I left it open even though it was quite chilly. When I got home, the cold frame temp told me 46 degrees.

James, yeah my plant have you to thank. I brought them inside... for some odd reason, the ones that have never left indoors stress me out more... maybe an out of sight, out of mind issue? I hate come home every day and trying to untangle them and then always having to snap off more branches that are limp and withered... but onwards, glad you think the forecast is favorable starting this weekend. When do you think you'll plant out exactly?
Split them up and start rotating them in groups under the lights. Might be the best you can do. I do think you can move them out into a covered environment on Thursday, probably permanently. A couple of nights in the 40's next week, and if that holds true, no problem. Other than hardening off I would not expose them to the weather overnight though.
Planting out - You won't want to read this but based on the 10 day forecast, May 10th would be the earliest. More than likely the 17th.
JamesL is offline   Reply With Quote