View Single Post
Old January 19, 2007   #9
feldon30
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dingbat
Gee Feldon, you get Burpee at WalMart?? AND Ferry-Morse? Lucky you. Up here, it's McKenzie Seed, and McKenzie seed only.
Their rainbow pack contains 8 heirloom varieties. Well, 7 really, Black Brandywine is not an heirloom, so I'm told.
Well, as with most of these types of posts I make, I've got egg on my face. Did not know that Canada does not get Burpee. Well, there are quite a few Canada and Alaska growers here and I think most of the varieties we get excited about in Texas just are not appropriate for your climate. In your shoes, I'd stock up on varieties known for maturing and ripening earlier and probably investigate some of the Russian and Eastern European varieties.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dingbat
But Feldon, I have a whole package of Rutgers.....will send in exchange for something pink and frilly.....
I have no expertise on varieties that do well in Canada, despite being from a Canadian family. I could only make feeble guesses which I'm sure would be corrected.

[I][SIZE="1"]*I'm not allowed to post weblinks so you'll have to copy-paste it manually.[/SIZE][/I]
feldon30 is offline   Reply With Quote