View Single Post
Old June 30, 2014   #124
beeman
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by COMPOSTER View Post
So, lets get back on the topic of nutrient density. I have spent most of my time learning about the potential benefits of using compost, manure, rock dust, kelp and making sure there is enough calcium available. I do not know about the benefits of yeast and withholding water. Any information or resources you (or anyone else) could point me to would be much appreciated and definately get this thread back on topic. Gotta make sure all of us vegetable consumers (vegan or not) are getting the biggest nutritional bang for our buck!Glenn
Talking about nutrients in food, vegetables in particular. You might be interested in this.
We grow almost all of our own veg, and last year I had a soil test done, just for interest. It came back "shortage of Magnesium" the same day DW came back from her monthly visit to the Homoeopath and guess what, they found a "shortage of Magnesium".
Just goes to show. You think you're doing it right regards chemicals, but find there are still downfalls to being self sufficient.
beeman is offline   Reply With Quote