View Single Post
Old July 13, 2014   #7
frankbenjones
Tomatovillian™

Favorite is Black Krim. I also really like Sleeping Lady. I have the Sleeping Lady in a 7 gallon squat and while the flavor is very good the tomatoes are mostly 1-3 oz. Both of these will be planted every year. Production was pretty good on Black Krim last year. As far as tomatoes that have produced well for multiple years (I just started 3 years ago) Stupice, Juliet, Golden Rave, and Champion. I seem to pick a hand full of Juliet and Golden Rave's each day or two.

Opalka did well last year as did Sioux.

Sioux seems to be doing well this year too. I also have an Iditarod Red that keeps pumping them out. I've been picking tomatoes off of it since April. Same with my Taimyr in a 5 gallon pot.

Stump of the World was very good but production was not. I will try it again next year.

This year I am trying Japanse Black Trifele for the first time. So far production has been ok and the taste is pretty good but the skin is pretty tough.

Legend is also doing pretty good in a 7 gallon squat. Legend had a lot of cracking in April/May but the last few fruits (in june) have been crack free. I also grew Siletz and Oregon spring but I think the Legend is doing better so I may not plant them next year.

What's worked for you?
frankbenjones is offline   Reply With Quote