View Single Post
Old July 18, 2014   #9
CrazyAboutOrchids
Tomatovillian™

My garlic was pretty much a bust this year from what I've checked out so far. I've grown the past few years building up so I was supplying my own stock to plant. I've managed at least the last 2 or 3 years to have stock plus enough for most of the year for the 5 of us. I don't know if it was our extremely cold CT winter this year, or if it got hurt by the cold, then warm, then frost, but mine just did not do well at all. I haven't pulled half of it, but the Music that I pulled never really developed much at all. Small heads, the greens were not healthy and bountiful like previous years so I wasn't sure when to pull, most green died off shortly after the scapes unlike previous years where they slowly died off but the bulbs continued to develop. Bulbs broke apart, never developed at all, or very small development that isn't really useful to me. I left it in the ground too long after the greens died, but that was because there was so little development. The other side of the garden still has green growing so I've left that and will keep checking development.

I'll be ordering stock this year to start over again. Very disappointed though.
CrazyAboutOrchids is offline   Reply With Quote