View Single Post
Old August 10, 2014   #2
Redbaron
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjp1953 View Post
Well my first year with no till after 15 years of tilling did not go as planned.My tomato plants are stunted and have dropped blossoms due to cool weather.My pepper plants are yellow with poor growth.I never had my soil tested,so I went to a very good garden store and bought a soil test kit.Sent the test to Penn State as this was their test kit.My results were....Soil pH 7.2,Phosphate below optimum,Potash optimum,Magnesium above optimum and calcium above optimum.The recommendations are to apply 0.5 lbs per 100 square feet of Urea and 0-46-0.I'll do this next spring.Don't know what happened.I'm going to stick with no till,hoping next year will be better.
No-till is very generalised. Can you describe precisely what methods and materials you used? There are a lot of people on this forum who can lend their experiences to help...me being one.

AKA The Redbaron

"Permaculture is a philosophy of working with, rather than against nature; of protracted & thoughtful observation rather than protracted & thoughtless labour; & of looking at plants & animals in all their functions, rather than treating any area as a single-product system."
Bill Mollison
co-founder of permaculture
Redbaron is offline   Reply With Quote