View Single Post
Old August 16, 2014   #160
AKmark
Tomatovillian™

Default Tomatoes

We are picking loads of tomatoes daily now, people really like the odd tomatoes/not perfect red globes, as long as they are good.

Pinks are my favorites and here is what I found; Sudduth's, Fred L., are very consistent for taste, from the very first tomato to now, yield is good, but they never disappoint in taste, never, you can throw Stump in too. Cowlick's and Glick's both taste good and are a little different, Cowlick's is a huge yield-er, but I do think Sudduth's is better for consistent great taste that is mouth watering good, not just good.
Dester has been hit and miss, very good to ok, I will try it again next year. Marianna's Peace has an awesome taste, but the yield is horrible, very ugly tomatoes too, I may use this in a cross, instead of just growing it, if yields cannot be improved next year.
German Johnson got over grown by other plants, so I did not get very many tomatoes, they are darn good to superior. Crnkovic Yugoslavian is excellent, full tomato taste with a sweet wack to it. My mystery Sudduth's RL cross is very good too, kinda taste like FL. Gregori's Altai is a big yield-er, but the taste is slightly inferior to the ones mentioned above, while Brandyboy falls somewhere in between. Momotaro and Eva Purple Ball are both excellent standard size tomatoes, both are great farmers market tomatoes. Pruden's Purple started out ok, but sweetened up and tasted great, however... plants are huge, others are better.
If I think of others worth noting I will mention them. Now I have to eat a bunch of yellow orange tomatoes side by side, oh bummer.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg SANY0650.JPG (375.7 KB, 142 views)
File Type: jpg SANY0649.JPG (361.9 KB, 142 views)
File Type: jpg SANY0643.JPG (367.5 KB, 142 views)

Last edited by AKmark; August 16, 2014 at 03:21 PM.
AKmark is offline   Reply With Quote