View Single Post
Old September 15, 2014   #7
nancyruhl
Tomatovillian™

Luigiwu, I have been trying the dwarfs from the Dwarf Project as they have been released and have saved seeds. I also have seeds from dwarf varieties not coming out of the dwarf project since I wanted colors or types that were still in the works at the Dwarf Project. I have long grown New Big Dwarf. Last year I added Coastal Pride Orange which is a great variety and this year I tried Dwarf Red Heart ( in the picture) from Double Helix Farm and Cherokee Tiger from Mariseeds.

Production is hard to define as compared to non dwarfs. I had one regular indeterminate that gave me only 1 tomato this year and 1 that gave me none. I can only say that I got lots of tomatoes from these dwarfs and that they are well worth growing. Mind you I am in the Detroit area and do not have the long growing season the folks in the southern areas have.

Thanks for asking about the roof garden. As everything was all set up from last season, I got it off to an earlier start this year. I felt the production was very good. This is a picture from last season of the roof garden. That's my oh-so-charming grandson in the picture. In the foreground is my attempt to grow cucumbers using the information on this website-http://www.ctahr.hawaii.edu/oc/freepubs/pdf/hg-44.pdf. That didn't work so well and was not back this year.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 035 (800x587).jpg (390.5 KB, 128 views)
nancyruhl is offline   Reply With Quote