View Single Post
Old October 4, 2014   #43
ginger2778
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiishergurl View Post
Where is Marsha? She is a Master Gardener and has tons of great exoerience and info.... :-)
I have been lurking I am really busy right now, with 1000 seedlings that I am growing for the swap, and for our garden club plant sale 1 week later, and with working ( horrors!!)
My colleague and friend was up on a ladder 2 weeks ago, trying to trim some berries off a palm tree, so his kids wouldn't slip on them. Yep, fell onto concrete, and broke his radius, complete displacement!( must be a testosterone thing) He knew that even though I am retired, I kept my license up, mostly due to his nagging me to!( karma is a b..ch!). He asked me if I could pinch hit for him, and he has 11 employees, and 5 kids and wife to support, so I said yes. And I am not even getting paid, because if I took a salary, then he gets nothing for his family, and thank goodness, I don't need to be paid, I am OK in that dept.
I told him that I am going to his house and taking his ladder away!
Oh, and I was asked to present at this months Master Gardener meeting, so I have had to put a power point slide show together, also quite fun.
So carry on, I am enjoying reading the escapades of you northerners!
ginger2778 is offline   Reply With Quote