View Single Post
Old November 15, 2014   #9
Redbaron
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesL View Post
Scott,
" Bottom water with inoculated water. " - can you add some color to this? Thx
Well this year I used MycoGrow. Last year I used Mykos. Both worked well for me.

There are several mycorrhizal inoculants on the market. I can't recommend one over the other as I haven't trialed them side by side. But both those two above I did trial compared to no inoculant. Both did better. Both regimes grew better, both withstood heat and drought better, and both yielded better to my controls. The only difference I saw between the two products was that the Xtreme product seemed to also help protect against my neighbors walnut trees a bit better. Although both gave me a crop under walnut trees, where the controls died when too close to the walnuts. Keep in mind I grow in the soil, not containers. So I am no expert on this in the container environment. I would expect them to be similar. However, you might want to confirm that with a container expert.

AKA The Redbaron

"Permaculture is a philosophy of working with, rather than against nature; of protracted & thoughtful observation rather than protracted & thoughtless labour; & of looking at plants & animals in all their functions, rather than treating any area as a single-product system."
Bill Mollison
co-founder of permaculture

Last edited by Redbaron; November 15, 2014 at 04:30 PM.
Redbaron is offline   Reply With Quote