View Single Post
Old February 8, 2007   #25
Suze
Tomatovillian™

Default Re: Amishland

Quote:
Originally Posted by elkwc36
I have ordered from her and also asked questions. She would be one of the top 4 or so vendors at this time I've done business with. And I have bought from ten this year alone. If I have problems I will email her first like I do all then I will post here if I see a real problem. The service, seeds ect. seem to be fine as of now. I could name a few that is promoted on here that I feel inflate their descriptions, don't send all of the varieties you order but have them a week later but you have to pay shipping again to get them. Coincidence maybe. I only judge anyone from the business dealings I have with them. Jay
Jay, I don't disagree in terms of some of the points you've made.

Sure, personal experience certainly counts.

Sure, others may be generous with their descriptions. Lisa is much more "generous" than most others are though, to the point of spreading misinformation and in general, just being ridiculously/annoyingly over the top.

Sure, if someone has problems with a vendor, they should be first contacting that vendor and giving them a chance to rectify the situation before complaining publically.

Specifically, Lisa knowingly renamed varieties as a marketing tool and has even admitted doing so before.
http://web.archive.org/web/200402041...073429078.html

Quote:
"I honestly believed my names to be a clever marketing tool to steer people to my seed offerings, nothing more."
http://web.archive.org/web/200310080...landseeds.com/

Tom Wagner's Green Grape being called Teenie Greenie, CP being referred to as '1890 Native American' tomato. Yuk. Just a couple of examples.

It should also be mentioned that some of her ebay listings at that time just had the alternative/aka names in them and as such were even more misleading than the website.

Also, there is no Shah Mikado. And the explanation of how she ended up with Mikado (the pink one) defies logic/credibility.

Quote:
"This pink fruited version of this tomato came mixed in with the very rare pure white " Mikado" or "Shah" that I had traded for."
So, how would it be possible to know what some seeds that happened to be mixed in with another seed pack are? Answer: It probably isn't.
Suze is offline   Reply With Quote