View Single Post
Old January 17, 2015   #5
greenthumbomaha
Tomatovillian™

I grew Bedouin years ago its easily got a high spot on my top 10. Highly productive and shrugged off disease and heat. Ironically all the seeds I started ended up in my mystery box to the garden club ladies so it was absent form my garden last summer. Imagine my surprise when someone actually brought a tomato to one of the late summer meetings and requested I grow it for the plant exchange next year. Another lady that received it chimed in wanting it again too. Then a third ... hopefully with better labeling so I get at least one.

Why this particular tomato? It has a great rich flavor and the grower made a terrific tomato juice and canned several quarts. I use it for fresh eating (yummy on a blt, holds that deep flavor coming thru the bacon) and making sauce. Its also a really beautiful plant in the garden.

My seeds were from Lee, and tomatoes look browner than the picture above. All were large and pear shaped.

- Lisa

Last edited by greenthumbomaha; January 17, 2015 at 05:54 AM. Reason: oy vey, spelling of tomato name was and might still be incorrect
greenthumbomaha is offline   Reply With Quote