View Single Post
Old February 3, 2015   #16
Cole_Robbie
Tomatovillian™

I'm always experimenting, but greensand has won a permanent spot in all my recipes. It is a mined mineral from areas where sea water was trapped and dried up over time.

In addition, this year my beds, which are mostly made from old cow manure, will get rock phosphate and tomatotone. I have an ez-flo hooked up to the drip, so I can experiment with it, mostly to see what will clog my drip tape and what won't. Molasses should be ok. I am looking at Superthrive as a seaweed product and another product called Mushroom Stuff that is a mushroom extract. They are expensive, but I am hoping to make a tiny amount go a long way by using them in the fertilizer injector.

I'm also going to try an aerated compost tea in the injector. The hard part will be filtering it enough so that it doesn't clog everything.

I also found RV water filters at Menards for $20. They attach to a garden hose and can be plumbed in a series. So this year my drip system will get filtered water. It may not be the greatest filter in the world, but it will be an upgrade from none at all.

Last edited by Cole_Robbie; February 3, 2015 at 03:51 PM.
Cole_Robbie is offline   Reply With Quote