View Single Post
Old February 24, 2015   #12
Tracydr
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by clkeiper View Post
The stuff isn't cheap, but it does work well. I need to make mine pay for itself in order to have it. I sell bedding plants and hanging baskets to make it not be such a burden or "blackhole hobby". I have a 16x12 for one that is poly carbonate and I wish I could see through it, but it does what I want/need it to do. This morning the thermometer on the N side of the house read -20 and that little house is on the S side of my house as a leanto greenhouse and it has a little electric 220 heater in it and it stays at about 50 - 55*. It is attached to the house but does not have walking access from the basement to the house itself. I have to go outside and through the door. I bought mine from and Amish greenhouse supplier, but I doubt it would be much cheaper for you by the time you paid shipping/handling... but you could try them if you want to take the time to wait and see.

Daniel Yoder/CVS supply
330 891 9048

leave a message and he will call you back.
Wow, that's quite a temp difference!
I'm hoping that just I can run a heater when it's colder, we never get all tht cold anyway. I want a few citrus, mostly cold hardy varieties like Clementines and Meyers Lemon. Plus overwintered peppers and seedlings of various types.
I did find some polycarbonate for about $13.00 a piece. That is the best I've found so I'll measure the panels this weekend and figure out what I need. I suspect that safety glass would be much more expensive. Probably doesn't stay as warm,either?
Tracydr is offline   Reply With Quote