View Single Post
Old March 28, 2015   #773
Father'sDaughter
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeatherT View Post
OK, I made it through all 771 posts in this thread, lots of good info here to be sure. I went to the local Auto Zone and picked up a bag of DE and filled my 3.75" net cups and planted five different tomatoes and nine different pepper plants. Placed the cups in a 39"x19" fiberglass tray (no humidity dome) and filled with tap water that was left for 24 hours to help remove the chlorine, keeping ~1/2" of water in the tray. I planted the morning of 3-24 and as of yet no joy, they are currently on the second floor in a south facing window. If nothing is up by tomorrow I will move them to the basement and put them on a heating mat, once I have germination they will move to a second tray and go under a 400 watt metal halide light with a fan to simulate outdoor conditions. In the end these will be planted in a hybrid RGGS, this will be my first experience using this system but I have high hopes.

Heather

They just need a couple more days. Mine were started in DE on 3/22 and they just started popping up last night. No heat mat.
Father'sDaughter is offline   Reply With Quote